To ebay or not to ebay ?

OK, by request I went thru boxes and boxes of VW parts last night. Been up in the barn for a number of years and I had no idea on what was even in some of those boxes. Good "stuff". And I didn't get thru all the boxes. Just a few of them.

Most of it I don't need. So, do I ebay it or what ? Hell, quite a bit of it I wasn't even sure what it was or at least what year or

type of VW it went to. Maybe I will have to start taking pictures and we can have a "Identify this part and year it goes to" contest.

Some of this "stuff" came with the 72 ghia and a parts donor ghia. Some of it, I bought at a garage sale years ago. Guy had taken a bunch of bugs and made some kind of kits cars from them. I got all the boxes of bug parts for $10. And there was a bunch of boxes.

Randy

RSMEINER

"RSMEINER" wrote

I say we have a `name this part' contest. First to name it gets the part free, just to get it out of your way, shipping on you of course. I'll go first .... this part:

is called a `Karmann Ghia'.... pmail me for my shipping addy, thanks. :-)

Reply to
Scott H.

Close but no cigar. And yep, I will Pmail you. I will P on a letter and send it to you. :)

Got a call last night about the ghia. Lady up the street. Just excited as hell but after talking to her, I think it would be just to much for them to fix and keep up with. Her husband had a massive stroke a few years ago and can't do much anymore. To bad as they drove VW's from 1957 until that stroke.

She was also wondering why another neighbor hadn't already bought it as he also drove VW's for years and years and was a VW mechanic. Now he has an import salvage yard but usually keeps the old VW's off to the side for "certain" customers.

Randy

RSMEINER

Most of the VW parts I have laying around have part numbers on them, and Are identifiable by that number.

You can probably make a good list of numbers and get some pretty good ID on most of them , if not from here, somewhere.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

I shop on ebay quite a bit and have sold quite a bit too. I can tell you that you will make some good $$$ on there. The key is pictures and give the best description you can. Most people that buy car parts or are looking for good deals on eBay know what they are looking for, so if your description is "less than perfect" just state it when you give your description. Here is one of my personal ebay tips:

If you are in doubt about the item, for example if item is working or not or not sure what is what... start the bid with few bucks, that way if and when the bidding goes up and sells... IF later on something backfires on the auction say for example if the item was not what he/she thought it was, you can always come back and say: "That is why I started the bidding so low"

GO FOR IT. Narley Dude®

Reply to
Narley Dude®

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comIdiot (RSMEINER) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m05.aol.com:

I would say put it up on thesamba.com. I use that site ALOT!!

Reply to
TerryB