Check Engine Light

Doesn't the Bosch universal sensor 13913--the one that was designed for Mustangs and everyone has said works for most every car--work for mine? I installed it, and at first there seemed to be no problem.

Now, my "check engine light" won't go out..

1994 9000 CS turbo...
Reply to
Valjean

Evidently to install an O2 sensor requires that the ECU "learn" of this, either over a few days (during which the "Check Engine" light gradually removes itself) or at once, by removing the negative cable to the battery briefly, which resets the thing.

Reply to
Valjean

Okay, in case you didn't know in here--evidently to install an O2 sensor entails that the ECU "learn" the new installation, either over a few days (during which the "Check Engine" light gradually removes itself) or all at once, which is achieved by removing briefly the negative cable to the battery, causing a reset.

Reply to
Valjean

I know it's a long shot but.... have you tried "checking your engine"? My "check engine light" used to come on all the time too (9000 CS) until one day I lifted the bonnet and discovered the engine was missing. I had a new one fitted and the light's been OK since - touch wood ;)

Reply to
Nasty Bob