Classic 900 Accessories

Hi guys ... many of you know I'm fanatical about the Classic 900 to the point of obsession. Many of you will be aware of my progeny, the Classic 900 Special Editions website at:

... how many know about the sister site at
exclusively with accessories, styling options, customisationsand other miscellanea?Do you have any interesting accessories to show off? What about someunique customisation, or a quantum leap forward in some way? Get intouch: snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk

Reply to
PJGH

Nice work Paul, I never knew there were so many official accessories to "Chav up" the 900!! ;-)

Al

Reply to
Al

I am very much after the air suspension for the rear - that's cool. I checked with my insurers and they're fine for me to go ahead with such a system , just not on the front. I kind of fancied full lowrider-style for cruising around Brad-hood and then pump up for the speed bumps.

I think I'm a confirmed accessories nut. Do you remember Theo (the chap who'd come over from Liverpool, going through to Norwich? I think, at the YSP gathering)? Oh, he was at the George & Dragon mini- gathering, too - turned up quite late driving a really nice twin- carbed two-door C900. Anyway, he's doing a University project whereby every shape, style colour, accessory, fitting, etc can be fitted to the 99 in a virtual world. I tried to encourage him to do the same for the 900, but I think the 99 is his first love, SAAB-wise. That will be a very interesting project indeed.

So ... what's everyone else's favourite piece of accessory/aftermarket tat for the classic 900?

I'm going with air suspension and the whaletail spoiler.

Reply to
PJGH

Torn between the whale tail and the decor panel myself, I have both :-))

Al

Reply to
Al

Very nice, I appreciate all the work!

I particularly enjoy the 1978 - 1986 models.

Here are my last three 900s -- two 1984 and one 1985:

Didn't you used to post under another name? Or was that another UK-based

900 buff? I've posted and lurked here on occasion since 1999 or so.

Cheers,

-jw

Reply to
jw

I'm Paul Halliday - I used to post under that name, when I posted via a proper news client (well, Microsoft Entourage). I'm just lazy and not got around to setting my public name in google groups :)

Reply to
PJGH