Clonking noise from 94 900 rear end...

Hello to everyone out there !

I have just bought a 94 900 with 81k under its wheels, I have noticed that every time I turn left at slow speed I am getting a "clonking" or thumping noise from the back (passenger - RHD) side. Does anyone have an idea what this could be before I get taken for a ride by the mechanic ?

Your help is appreciated.

Many thanks

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kirby

I had that one before. The mechanic who looked at it, said that the "bushings" need to be replaced. We replaced those. It helped somewhat: the noise disappeared on soft turns, but would still come on on harder turns. A few months later, the whole muffler fell out. I think there was something that mechanic had overlooked....

-- Nick

Reply to
Nick Monyatovsky