Decissions, Decissions, what to do.

As regulars will know, I have the 900 up for sale. It's currently uninsured and I could really do with the space but....

The missus wants me to get rid, but I really love it. If needed I could=20 probably find some where to store it, if forced, but it is currently=20 layed up, at risk of vandalism, and uninsured, and all the offers I've=20 been getting have been over the phone, silly quotes like "The best I=20 could offer would be =A3500" without even wanting to see the car.

So i've been looking at limited mileage classic cover, at least until it=20 sells, and maybe onwards should I try to keep it.

Best I've had has been =A3140-160 for 1500-2000 miles a year.

I know I should insure it anyway, and then when insured I could drive it=20 more often and keep it running better while I still own it, but I really=20 wonder whether I should be keeping it, rather than just trying to make=20 space.

--=20 The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

MeatballTurbo

Keep it Carl. You'll miss it if you sell, and kick yourself in 5 years time when you want another C900 and can't find a decent one at a reasonable price.

If all you need is offroad storage, let me know, we have plenty of that (outdoor, but safe).

Reply to
Grunff

Well, the local council happen to have garages for rent. Seems that the average rent is about =A35.70 a week+VAT.

Might be a little steep, but if I do it by direct debit, I won't notice=20 it.

And as long as I don't end up a million miles from nowhere, and in some=20 drug den, it should be fine.

--=20 Carl Robson (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

MeatballTurbo

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, MeatballTurbo at snipped-for-privacy@bouncing-czechs.com wrote on 22/09/2004 20:10:

Given that you put it aside because of the running costs and now you're talking about garaging it and insuring it ... Erm, and running it now and again ... You're talking yourself back into it. Oh yes, you are!!! :)

I really want a flat nose again, but I've promised myself a black 2 door with sand interior ... Hopefully a pre-APC T8 that I can put a huge turbo and exhaust on :)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Hmm, lets see. That's £350 a year. For that much, you can tax, insure and MOT the car, park it on the road *and* get to drive it!! And it'll be a much happier car if you take it for a nice drive every couple of weeks.

Reply to
Grunff

In article , snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk=20 spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

Yes, because of costs, and becuase I had to run it all the time. So jobs=20 that needed doing couldn't be done got left. Now if I was to put it=20 aside, and do the jobs as and when I can, and run it arround for an hour=20 on weekends and the odd evening, if a job doesn't get finished I can=20 drive home in the Celica, and come back and do it again later.

As I hope to do it, a tank of petrol will last months, as will an oil=20 change (3k miles insurance cover, 3K miles oil change Hmmmm), insurance=20 over a year would be minimal, could still drive over and spectate at a=20 few Saab trackdays and the like ( a 300 miles round trip would allow say=20

8 events a year, and some fun driving too). Also as it wouldn't be my=20 daily driver, I could break something tuning, and not panic about it=20 going back on the road immediatley if it needs parts/rebuild.

That would be nice.

--=20 Carl Robson (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

MeatballTurbo

Well, with the insurance from these guys, the garage and the insurance=20 won't be too bad, and the paint will be better protected (as will the=20 chips and the bits of rust that arrives soon after.