Flickering Dash And Headlights---9000CS. Er, And So On...

I've just purchased the 9000CS turbo model and it has a few things wrong, like the above. Accompanying it is the (apparently) noisy clock (by the way, I don't see those for sale, assuming this one's defective at all).

The 2nd-to-3rd upshift point also seems a bit late, and so, the 3rd-to-2nd downshift a bit early.

The rear decor panel is cracked a bit; is there a used place that's a good reference for one?

Of course, there is a slight overheating issue (compared to most cars; I understand the 9000 deserves understanding here), which perhaps the lower thermostat and fan threshold will cure; I haven't put those in yet, but I have them now...

Thanks for any help with the above!

Reply to
Valjean

I probably should have said the year; it's a 1996....

Thanks again!

Reply to
Valjean

And you should have probably said which country you are in too, as a very minimum ;)

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, MeatballTurbo at snipped-for-privacy@bouncing-czechs.com wrote on 29/09/2004 15:32:

But aside from that, welcome to the SAAB experience ...

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Yeah, but next you'll be telling me there's such a thing as a 7 mm allen wrench out there....

Reply to
Valjean

Oh, they're out there, but it's more of a Snap-on thing than, say, a Sears thing.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

in article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Valjean at snipped-for-privacy@nospamcharter.net wrote on 29/09/2004 19:29:

Well, I've got a couple ... Didn't find a problem getting hold of a set from

1mm to 10mm. I'm more of a 3mm kind of guy, what with the old 8 valve classic 900 :)

Where are you from BTW? I'm sure there are a lot of people here who can point you to our local/national parts & tool suppliers.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday

in article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Valjean at snipped-for-privacy@nospamcharter.net wrote on 29/09/2004 19:29:

Are the SAABs of your vintage still all Torx screws/bolts? I found a couple of cross heads in mine recently and had a job sourcing the right screw driver in my "SAAB" tool kit :)

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday

Whereas, mine was all crosshead with a couple of torx thrown in (like under the sparkplug cover or the cold air feed to the airfilter) except my old fully complete Saab toolkit only included a x (cross) head and - (flat) head, no * torx head driver at all. luckily I had a few bits for the inter-changable headed cheap driver handle that I bought as an emergency backup, and has proved more than useful on too many ocassions to consider replacing it.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo