I didn't crash!

Maybe not much of a news story .."man doesn't crash his Saab" but it feels good.

Coming up to a roundabout, old couple in a Volvo in front of me. They're clear to go, looking to see if I can go too.. look up and ..OH NO! Volvo's not moved. Slam on brakes, ABS and whatever kick in and I'm able to steer round them instead of banging into their rear.

I guess I should be more careful driving but... It's great to know this car will help look after me. So no sorry scenes by the side of the road or dragged-out insurance claims, repair bills etc today :)

Reply to
Nasty Bob

....an easy mistake which plenty of us have made! When someone tail-ended us it took a few weeks under two years and a court appearance before the case was settled. You just don't need the grief!

Reply to
Pidgeonpost

Almost exactly the same thing happened to me. Both stationary at the r-bout the red mundeo in front set off, I looked right, still clear and also drove on....straight into rear of red mundeo.

"What the **** were you doing you ***! You'd ****ing gone! Why did you

*****y stop you ****ing ****K......." I said. He replies. "Oh , I'm really sorry, I know it was my fault but this is an unmarked police car...."

ZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPP! goes my potty mouth, and we have a sensible conversation. Turns out the guy is an I.T. network consultant working for the Police and he was driving a crown car! Luckily for me one jobsworth police constable and a sensible police seargent later we all set off with no claim made. No damage to either car, just a black bumper scuff on the mundeo.

ABS didn't save me but then I guess I was only doing about 1mph! Just goes to show though:- a) Just make sure the guy in front really has left and b) You never know who you're talking to!

Al

Reply to
Al

Nice to know I'm not the only one out there ;)

Undercover police cars :o !!

Reply to
Nasty Bob

Boss did that, but, he was in his Ferrari F550 maranello. Pulls up behind a ford fiesta. Fiesta pulls onto roundabout. He looks right, checks see still gap, pulls onto roundabout into fiesta that stopped and actually has reversing lights on. Found it difficult to believe except, he had presence of mind the quickly photo said car from inside the ferrari with his phone, clearly showing the reversing lights lit.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Did the Fiesta's driver offer any explanation as to why it was necessary to

*reverse* on a roundabout ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

It takes all kinds. How uncoordinated can one be????

Reply to
darthpup

Nope, but the old lady driving swore blind that it wasn't. Then swore that it must be a short and came on after he hit because the car wasn't in reverse. Then called him all the names under the sun for driving into her so fast in such a "Stupid big car". Or words to that effect.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

LOL!!

Reply to