I didn't expect to see one on ebay this soon

Disco 3 on ebay

I didn't expect to see one there this soon..

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

On or around Tue, 07 Dec 2004 10:38:52 +0000, Mr.Nice. enlightened us thusly:

5 hours to go and no bids, unless he's taking the piss on the price unduly, that surprises me slightly.

mind, 's a bummer of a decision (assuming the story to be true), keep the new toy (motor) or recoup the money for to buy the house.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

"Austin Shackles" wrote ... after, Mr.Nice. enlightened us thusly:

I thought that, and then I thought, if you wanted that car and were contemplating spending that sort of money would you be looking at EBay.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Ugly bastad isnt it!... Something a child made out of a shoebox!

Reply to
4x4forfun

geez! thats US$72,000!

Luneral

Yep, slab sided bland thing. A dark blue one came past the house a couple of times last weekend and the only thing that made it a little less nondescript was the mascot they had bolted to the bonnet.

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

Hmmm...

Previous feedback (all positive) shows that he's no stranger to selling Land Rovers, so suspect he might just be a speculator on someone looking to jump the waiting list. Or maybe not.

It's also odd that he has positive feedback twice, from two different buyers, on exactly the same car....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

I can't believe how expensive these are in the UK. I bought one here in Western New York State, HSE model, quite similar to the one listed here, for the equivalent of £27,000

Reply to
jattea

On or around Tue, 07 Dec 2004 18:20:58 +0000, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

mind, there is a comment about a forged bankers draft, so maybe that was the one he alludes to...

I see he's relisted the D3, with the same starting price. If I were him, I'd have a lower starting price and a reserve. my observation is that things with a high starting price don't attract bids.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yeah , were trying to get rid of them all ;-)

Though to be honest I think they will grow on me.... but then with a 101 on the Drive I'm hardly a fashion critic.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I suspect (but don't know for sure) that the seller is Adam Ogden, the guy who runs

The BD13 postcode certainly puts it in about the right place. He seems to be a decent bloke from the couple of brief times I've met him when he's entered his 90 with air suspension in YORC trials.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Everett

Errr yeah, my first thought was ...oh that looks designed to please the Americans....

Certianly not easy on the eye.

Muddy

Reply to
Alan Mudd

Yeah that's not very realistic at the moment, the US $ is hitting a slump...I'm stockpiling at the moment for my trip in February seeing as the exchange rate is so good...:-)

I'n real money terms what a $1 buys you in the USA £1 buys you in the UK, sure there are a few differences, but we just love coming to the USA with such a nice exchange rate as it is at the moment, everything seems very cheap..:-)

Muddy

Reply to
Alan Mudd

Tim:

Don't forget the black size 14 leotard. That's one big person?

Reply to
Jack Kerouac

Well as an American, I take offense to that. Whether it here or there its still U-G-L-Y...ugly.

Reply to
Jack Kerouac

My approximate recollection is that the size would have fit Marilyn Monroe.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Actually, I prefer to call it fugly myself.

Reply to
Luneral

No offence meant of course...:-)

The Americans designed some wonderful vehicles in the 50's and 60's timeless classics, unfortunately it all went wrong at the beginning of the

70's.....and never really recovered.

When I saw the New Disco, I figured if you took the Land Rover badges off it, it would fit in perfectly well in any shopping Mall car park and could be from any number of manufacturers, either US or Japanese.....it has no character.

Muddy

Reply to
Alan Mudd

I first read that as a black size 14 leopard.

Which is actually less odd than the mental image of a bearded bloke driving a 90 whilst wearing a black leotard...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

We always pay much more for our cars than the Americans. Now that US Dollars are worth roughly the same as Baghdad holiday homes it looks even worse.

:-)

Reply to
Tim Hobbs