intermittent dash lights

Any Saab enthusiast ever seen this?

1995 Saab 900S

The dash lights only light up intermittently and fade out shortly after coming on ... The mileage is also always dark - here's the clincher - if I unplug the SID the mileage lights up and dash lights work.

Also - when the SID is plugged in and I try to view the miles until empty, it counts in the wrong direction ... i.e. the number of miles until empty increases as I drive (happens quickly)

any advice / help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Reply to
eakleiner

You possibly have a short circuit in a wiring harness

Reply to
vinci