Intersting Saab/BMW deal.

Who wants an AWD 9-5 supersaloon with an M5 engine?

Reply to
Elder

"Elder" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net...

So far it's only the PSA/BMW co-developed 1,6-litre gasoline engine, tuned to 200 Bhp.

Reply to
Henrik B.

Pooh, but still, So far.

Reply to
Elder

Saab 1.9 TiD is a Fiat engine.

Reply to
johannes

"johannes" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@siz36772efitter.com...

Yes, and? And still, because I'm sure that's gonna change in the future..

Reply to
Henrik B.

Nothing. Fiat actually pioneered the 'modern' common rail diesel engine. Variants of the Fiat 1.9 Tid is used by other manufacturers.

The Saab 600 presumably used a Fiat petrol engine...

Saab 96 Used a Ford V4 engine...

Reply to
johannes

"johannes" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@siz36772efitter.com...

Yes, no Saab has ever had a true Saab-developed engine...

Reply to
Henrik B.

And how much of the Triumph Slant-4 engine is left in the B205?

And wasn't the three-cylider two-stroke engine in the 93 model completely different from the two-cylinder DKW engine in the 92 model?

Reply to
th

I thought BMW were dropping links with PSA? - they've replaced the diesel engine in the MINI with a detuned x20d lump.

Reply to
SteveH

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (SteveH) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

First I've heard. mini.co.uk refers to the lumps as being 1.6 still.

Reply to
Adrian

Read a review of it in Top Gear Magazine a couple of weeks ago.

It's a sub 100g/km lump, too - so dirt cheap tax for company car 'buyers'.... just need to get it on my list now ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (SteveH) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Ah. Here we go.

So might be first seen at Geneva in March, on sale in the summer. Probably come into the range above the existing 1.6, then.

It's already 98g.

How's the Pious doing?

Reply to
Adrian

I believe they're dropping the 1.6 HDI derived lump. Probably a good thing, too....just spent a week with one in a new shape Fester.

So it is, hadn't noticed that. Although I hadn't looked at the poverty spec. cars.

It's doing very well at busting the Jap reliability myth.

Currently has an alarm fault which has left me needing a jump start twice in the last 2 months - no-one could diagnose it, until I spotted something odd with the alarm LED.

Average MPG is around 44.

Front brakes squeak badly, but no fault can be found....

On the other hand, it has a great stereo, is very quiet on the motorway and doesn't handle *that* badly, really.

I'd have another - but a Mini Clubman with the 2.0d lump would be more 'fun'. Even though I don't really have much love for BMW Minis.

Reply to
SteveH

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (SteveH) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Bwahahahaha...