It`s quiet in here

Can`t you tell it`s Poets day.

Reply to
Saabtech

Here it's always something's national (awareness) day, week or year. I've lost track of them, wish there was a web site to clarify this. There was once even a 'national ice cream day'.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

in article snipped-for-privacy@sizefitter.com, Johannes H Andersen at snipped-for-privacy@sizefitter.com wrote on 17/10/03 4:46 pm:

POETS, not poets :)

Reply to
Paul Halliday

Come on somebody tell him......

Reply to
Steve

You mean P.O.E.T.S. day? As in P*** On Everything, Tomorrow's Saturday? :-)

Does seem to be quiet lately. I was very surprised that my all-weather- tires-on-Aero question drew only one private response, and that from someone local who I've discussed this with before. Until he responded I was wondering if maybe the post got dropped somewhere!

Gary

Reply to
Gary Fritz

The can't because it's poets day :)

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Gary

There is a variation on the theme of POETS.

P** off early, tomorrow's Saturday.

I see you drive an Aero. Is it a 9-3 or a 9-5????

Pete Brown

Reply to
Pete Brown

Different words, same spirit. :-)

2002 9-5 Aero. I've had it for about 15 months, 25000 miles.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Fritz

Nice one, Brother Gary.

I am thinking of changing from my NG900 to a 1999 9-5 Aero in Cosmic Blue with leather.

What are you getting in terms of MPG?

Have you had any issues with the car? (eg problems)

Could I also ask what colour and trim the vehicle is/has?

Best Wishes

Reply to
Pete Brown

I have no experience with the '99 Aero, but I seem to remember hearing that they have a few more "issues" than the later model years.

Generally about 23-25 in town, 28-29 on road trips. Though on ONE 2000mi road trip I consistently got 31mpg, on 4 fillups, and on a subsequent trip I was back to 28 again. Never did figure that one out.

I've had a battery and a fuel pump suddenly die. Which seems not too good for a car less than a year old. I'm going to be out of my warrantee within

6-9 months, so hopefully I will have worked out all these kinks by then.

I followed Saab's recommendation and didn't rotate the tires until 20k miles. That was a mistake, as I mentioned earlier -- the rear tires "cupped" for some mysterious reason, and now they make a loud howling noise (like bad snow tires) on the front. I'll be replacing those tires soon and I'll rotate them on MY schedule instead of Saab's.

I also had some kvetches about turbo lag &etc, which you can read at

and

I've gotten over or gotten used to some of the complaints in the first post, but the turbo lag is still very much there. I don't generally drive the car as aggressively as I used to, to avoid the really annoying delayed- head-snap onset of the full-boost turbo power. Which is a shame -- why have the special hi-zoot Aero model if you can't fully enjoy it?

I seriously considered selling the Aero and replacing it with a 2000 9-3, to pull some money out of the loan and get rid of the turbo lag. But the dealer would only give me $23k for my 2002 9-5 Aero with 20k miles (even though they were listing a 2001 9-5 Aero with 30k miles for $29k!!) and they wanted $16k for the 2000 9-3, so I decided it wasn't worth it. Haven't taken the time to pursue doing the swap privately.

It's steel gray. Not my first choice of colors, fairly boring, but that was the best choice I had. Only trim extra over the basic Aero package is the Touring package, which includes the xenon headlights, automatic wipers, and backing-up sonar (a majorly useful feature).

Gary

Reply to
Gary Fritz

Hi Gary

So much for "Its quite in here"!!!

Sorry to hear that you have had trouble with your Aero.

I have noted the points you have made about the turbo lag.

My other option was just to go for the 2.3 lpt and upgrade the ECU to

230bph at a later date. I think I will keep this option live.

The dealers in the US look every bit as bad as the ones in the UK. Here you are better to go for a private sale and then to a dealer/seller with cash-in-hand.

Could I ask you what part of the US you are in?

Thanks for getting back to me.

Pete

17.128.40

7.128.4