Lights out here and there...

I've got at 1998 900S with little tiny lights out behind the AC, Rear Defrost, & Recyc buttons, and in the rear under one of the door mounted window contols.

Also one side of my license plate light is out in the rear, but that is not the bulb

Any pointers for either would be appreciated.

-D

Reply to
meld_b

I bought a 1996 900SE about three years ago. Just after I bought it, I was puzzled about why some of the control buttons on the dashboard were not illuminated, making them (of course) difficult to see at night. It finally dawned on me that the bulbs (or whatever was inside them) were burned out, and I had the dealer replace them. End of problem. I don't remember it as being expensive.

However, I don't know anything about your license plate problem.

Reply to
Kenneth S.

Use a pair of pliers to pull off the three knobs- heater level, fan speed level and heater direction knobs. This will reveal two screws - star ended screws, so you will need these type of screwdrivers. Remove the front plate and you will reveal three bulbs, all of which light up this area from memory.

licence plate bulb is often broken, check again by switching the two bulbs to see if you replicate the problem.

Reply to
Andy