Need help with 9K rear door lock

Dear Group, One of the rear doors on my '93 2.0 9000cs lpt has finally jammed shut after a couple of months of threatening it. Does anyone here have the skill or inclination to talk me through the procedure of un-locking the door?? Can it be done? Will I need more than a screwdriver and an old socket set? Do I have to remove the rear seat to get at it? Would I be better off taking it to the local mechanic?

TIA

Reply to
Nasty Bob

Nasty Bob

You may have to sacrifice the door light lense to remove the door inside panel so you can look. The other screws/bolts are accessible with the door shut I believe.

Other than the screw on the inside of the door light lens which you need to break the lens to get to, there are two on the edge of the door pocket, one on the inside door handle and one inside the lever. After these screws are removed, you can lift the door panel up and away to remove it.

Reply to
yaofeng