NG 900 S hesitation

I have a 1995 900S conv., 2.3l that is hesitating under wide open throttle, even at low (2200) RPM. It will accelerate for about 3 seconds, then buck sharply. The recent services performed by the dealer for the previous owner to try to cure the problem were: new temp. sensor, new fuel pump. The distributor is new as well as the wires and plugs. I have replaced the thermostat (stuck open) and a few vacuum hoses that were cracked. The rubber intake piece that attaches to the airflow meter and the intake is in good shape. Any ideas as to what I should look at next? The check engine light came on the last time it acted up, cutting off at idle. Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Jody Burke

This is likely to be a fuel issue, since it only happens at WOT. Things to check: fuel filter and pressure regulator.

Reply to
Grunff

Jody,

Are you using high octane (i.e. knock resistant) gas? Lower octane gasoline in a Saab Turbo can provoke knocking, which in turn activates a built in knock sensor. Try premium gas.

Bob

Jody Burke wrote:

Reply to
riserman

Wed, 23 Jun 2004 11:16:39 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net suggested: : Jody, : : Are you using high octane (i.e. knock resistant) gas? Lower octane : gasoline in a Saab Turbo can provoke knocking, which in turn activates a : built in knock sensor. Try premium gas.

The NG 900 S 2.3L is naturally aspirated.

Reply to
andrewunix