1992 alternator replacement

anyone tell me what to expect if i replace my alternator in my 1992 saab conv 900 s. Is it difficult to do or should I have the dealer do It.

Thanks Gene

Reply to
PapaGene

Pretty easy job (but I've never done it on a 900 with aircon - I hear that makes things harder).

Reply to
Grunff

It is a fiddle. You have to remove the alternator together with the bracket. Hex-head bolts, although some of the holes are slotted, at least the bottom one of the a/c is, on newer models. It is slow, turning the bolts a few degrees at a time. You also have to slaked the belts down the back of the engine, more slow work.

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith