OBDII P1171 code

The SAAB OBDII code indicates a too lean mixture on acceleration. Several posts indicate an oxygen sensor or vacuum leak problem can lead to this code. My 1996 9000 Aero has 139K miles. The DI and plugs were replaced at 127K mi, fuel pump and regulator at 110k miles, and both oxygen sensors at 100K mi. The throttle position sensor and air filter were changed at 130K mi. All vacuum lines have been checked. Any ideas?

Steve

Reply to
sbrandt

posts indicate an oxygen sensor or vacuum leak problem can lead to this code. My 1996 9000 Aero has 139K miles. The DI and plugs were replaced at 127K mi, fuel pump and regulator at 110k miles, and both oxygen sensors at 100K mi. The throttle position sensor and air filter were changed at 130K mi. All vacuum lines have been checked. Any ideas?

My experience is that when you have a vacuum leak, the lean condition occurs primarily at trailing throttle, not during acceleration. So, I would suspect the O2 sensor if yours has not been changed in 100k miles or so it might be worth a go.

Reply to
Fred W