2000 A4 1.8T trouble code

The check engine light came on yesterday. Plugged in the code reader and it gave me "1128". Can anyone advise what is commonly replaced to correct this problem?

Thanks,

Ken

Reply to
KWS

Also.....72K miles.

Ken

Reply to
KWS

This is what the Bentley manual has for my '03:

P1128 17536 Bank1, mixture adaption (mult.) system too lean - Check exhaust system for proper seal - Check pressure regulation valve of crankshaft housing ventilation - Test Oxygen Sensor (O2S) before Three Way Catalytic Converter (TWC) - Test Oxygen Sensor (O2S) after Three Way Catalytic Converter (TWC) - Check fuel injectors

Reply to
Art M

This is what the Bentley manual has for my '03:

P1128 17536 Bank1, mixture adaption (mult.) system too lean - Check exhaust system for proper seal - Check pressure regulation valve of crankshaft housing ventilation - Test Oxygen Sensor (O2S) before Three Way Catalytic Converter (TWC) - Test Oxygen Sensor (O2S) after Three Way Catalytic Converter (TWC) - Check fuel injectors

Reply to
KWS

Regards,

Ken

I'd bight the bullet and get a manual if you are mechanically inclined. The O2 sensors can be checked with a multimeter. The Bentley manuals (~$100; ~$70 on ebay) are what Audi use and have all the electronics and VAG-COM checks, but it's kind of confusing. You can get a Haynes manual for about $15 for your car (none for mine yet) which will probably have a much clearer explanation for us DIYs of how to test the sensors.

--Art

This is what the Bentley manual has for my '03:

P1128 17536 Bank1, mixture adaption (mult.) system too lean - Check exhaust system for proper seal - Check pressure regulation valve of crankshaft housing ventilation - Test Oxygen Sensor (O2S) before Three Way Catalytic Converter (TWC) - Test Oxygen Sensor (O2S) after Three Way Catalytic Converter (TWC) - Check fuel injectors

--Art

Reply to
Art M

I get the impression that oxygen sensors are oxygen sensors. That means that other manuals I have which provide such information likely are similar for Audi. I'll give that a shot this weekend and see how it plays out.

Thanks again, Art!

Ken

Reply to
KWS