SAA C900 Stripes

Hi all - I've just got hold of a catalogue of SAAB Stripes for the 99 & C900. See:

Does anyone have any pictures of them on actual cars?

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Mmm, Athena posters.

Thankfully, no.

Reply to
sweller

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, sweller at snipped-for-privacy@mztech.fsnet.co.uk wrote on 01/06/2006 06:21:

It's a SAAB brochure ... The stripes were manufactured by 3M.

There are some good pictures of 99s on my forum board: especially this one:

I'd like to see more on C900s.

I betcha don't like louvres, either :)

I saw this one at the 2004 UK SOC. I think it's a gorgeous slab of retro:

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Oh dear !

Saab's don't *need* stripes. They already 'go faster'.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I'm aware of that.

I meant it couldn't get any more eighties if it tried. The whole look and feel is the rather awful Athena posters of the era - you know the aspirational red porsche or melting phone.

I'm guessing here; they were eighties brochures?

Reply to
sweller

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, sweller at snipped-for-privacy@mztech.fsnet.co.uk wrote on 01/06/2006 19:29:

Yes, glossy minimalist images. Glossy-lipped women with sharp cheekbones?

There's no face-lift C900 in the brochure and there are two 99s, so pre-1984. Early '80s ... When Porsches actually looked nice. Stripes - they're very kitsch, either way :)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday