Ok, I'll try again....!

Saab 900s automatic has somehow got itself stuck in "Winter" mode. This is the little button that looks like a snowflake down near the gearshift. So, instead of having the choice of normal/sports mode, I'm labouring away in "winter", which does something to the gearbox to prevent wheelspin on ice and snow, apparently. Could it be that the the little button needs replacing? or is there a series of moves required to get it out of winter and back to normal? Any input appreciated!!

Regards, Nichollette

Reply to
nichollette

in article ed8s3p$jr6$ snipped-for-privacy@reader01.news.esat.net, nichollette at snipped-for-privacy@esatclear.ie wrote on 01/09/2006 09:47:

I'd be inclined to get into the workings behind the switch and make sure it hadn't dropped off or just got stuck. If it's where I think it is, I think the gear stick surround pops off quite easily, exposing the area underneath. If the button has just got stuck, I think just unplugging the switch from the electric block behind it should do the trick; that, or the other way round ... As in you'll need to bridge the contacts.

Good luck,

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday