900s not warming up in buffalo cold

my saab 900s is not warming up. I had a used engine put in before winter and it will warm up a little bit about one third the normal temp. if it is in idle it will get to its normal temp after a long time or if im driving threw alot of red lights it will warm up and then when i get up to higher speeds it will cool down to about the one third level again im not sure if its the water pump or the thermastat or ant thing else you might know of.

Reply to
norm240

I'll have £20 on it being a thermostat jammed open. Failed/failing waterpump would have exactly the opposite effect.

Had this before on my wife's 900s, easy repair.

Al

Reply to
Al

Correction, THE thermostat, there's only one!

Al

Reply to
Al

Could be the thermostat. Easy to change and not expensive. In your area with very cold conditions you may want to reduce the air flow over the radiator.

85 900S
Reply to
darthpup

Well, it's one of many in the world, so it can be "a".

Reply to
- Bob -

Bad thermostat

Reply to