Winter tyres?

Does anyone in the UK use winter tyres?

Reply to
Fred

No.

HTH

Reply to
malc

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 21:23:03 -0000, "Fred"

Reply to
asahartz

asahartz (asahartz ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Wouldn't the back have been a more useful location for them...?

Reply to
Adrian

It does.

HAND

Reply to
Fred

Er oh yes, they were on the back! Told you it was a long time ago! Something strange in my head said fwd, which of course it wasn't.

When you get to my age, the memory plays tricks!

Reply to
asahartz

Reply to
Fred

Great, a teflon non-grip with a winter tread. Bet that's good. Or maybe not.

Reply to
SteveH

You know that bloke Lewis Hamilton? he won his last title using Kumho tyres.

Reply to
Fred

My Woosung Dark Horse tyres were great in the winter. They never surprised me by suddenly failing to grip.

Even in the middle of summer, you could count on them to always fail to grip. So no surprises...

Reply to
PCPaul

Fred

Oh look, they're paying people to use their tyres..... just like Colway do, and the general opinion (not mine) is that Colways are s**te.

Reply to
SteveH

Would that be the Colways that have a maximum speed rating of V? even Linglong can get a Z rating.

Reply to
Fred

Fred >> > not.

Of course everyone with cars that can do 190mph use Linglong tyres....

It's not a very good point on which to argue.

The speed rating has very little to do with the amount of grip offered by a tyre.

Reply to
SteveH

Fuck Grip! if your tyre fly's apart like colway's do then wheel rims all have the same grip dopey.

Reply to
Fred

Reply to
Iridium

Ahhh, but they're probably Z rated, which, in Fredland means they're the bestest tyre in the whole world, ever.

Reply to
SteveH

Now you are talking about something you have experience of, never mind the lights will be turned off soon.

Reply to
Fred