Paul Haliday, your video is now online

P. Haliday,

Your Saab video is now available! Whew!

Enjoy it!!!! I loved it!! Thanks for initiating the search!

SG

Reply to
SG

in article snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com, SG at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on

06/09/2006 03:10:

So I see ... Wow! Thanks. Yep, it still puts makes the hairs on my neck stand up ... and gives me a big grin. Very very cool!

I must confess that my memory has played tricks on me. The advert I described was an amalgam of 'Nothing on Earth Comes Close' and 'Sierra Alpha Alpha Bravo' (the SPG advert). The NoECC advert is a lot more serene than I remembered it. Just excellent!

With regard to the 'SPG' advert, we didn't get the SPG (as such) here in the UK. It was called a T16S in the UK and an Aero in Europe, although the Aero name was not "officially official" until 1990 due to either Opel or GM owning the name. That's who you don't see the word 'Aero' on the registration documents until 1990. So, the advert - was it called 'Special Performance Group', or did it make reference to a 'Special Performance Group' car?

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Oh Yeah!!

I like it!

Now, does anyone remember the UK advert where a C900 (I think) takes a drive up a Private Road, along the side of what was probably a quarry. It gets faster and faster, and the final shot sees a Saab Viggen fly over the edge of the quarry, now that was a cool advert. Pretty sure it's early 80's.

Al

Reply to
Al

Al,

Can you please post your comments on the blog itself?

Thanks.

SG

Reply to
SG

in article khFLg.9862$ snipped-for-privacy@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk, Al at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 06/09/2006 20:26:

That's the 'SPG' advert I referred to.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Oh you sod, seeing that silver square nose reminds me of

old one. Probably the best car I've ever had, even if it was the most troublesome.

Certainly the one I've kept the longest.

Reply to
Elder

Cheers Paul, I was being lazy, I suspected it might be buried there somewhere,

brought back fond memories of my formative years!

Al

Reply to
Al