Colored Silicone Vacuum & Water hoses

Hello , Any one interested in colored silicone water hoses for the c900? There is a company in Ohio that makes custom molded silicone-rubber water hoses, but they do not have any for the c900 and so they would have to make dies to mold them.

The thing is it would be about $200-$300 USD for them to make each die to manufacture the hoses, about $1200-$1800 USD for the set. If we could get together a few c900 snaabs and pool our resources we could make the cost more palatable for all. I figure that 10 people would bake a good deal at $120-$180 USD each and 15+ would really allow this to get done.

These hose sets would have to be for the b201 and b202 engines with turbos.

These numbers are estimates.

Once the hoses are manufactured, the color options are blue, red and black

If you are interested, email me at jerem43 [at] att [dot] net.

Jeremy

PS, they are at

Check out their Volvo, Honda and Nissan kits for an idea as to what I am talking about.

Reply to
Jeremy

That would be great to get some of the unusual bended hoses made in silicone. I've replaced most of the 4 mm vacuum hosing, and some of the 32 mm ID top radiator hose bends, with silicone sections and the results are good, but remember regular silicone hose can't be used for things like crankcase breather lines as the fuel vapour will attack the silicone.

For coolant hoses though it's ideal. I've been sourcing 90 degree 32 mm ID bends through a place in the UK that sells on Ebay. Some places in the US stock the same sort of thing - Baker Precision being one that has quite a good e-store on the web.

You really should approach a place like Group 9 or perhaps Saab Savior or similar and talk to them about getting the product on board that way. It's a bit like Kevin Yankton's carbon-fibre hoods - excellent product, but very limited production makes the cost very high.

But if there a good target market (and I think there probably is for classic

900's), and it can be made to work commercially, that's the better way to go as it'll make the costs a lot lower right from the start, and make the product(s) more available in the longer term from an established supplier.

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

Excellent point. And something I know from bitter experience. What, though, is the right material for the crankcase breather lines?

John

Reply to
John B

You can get flourosilicon(I think) lined hoses for breathers. It doesn't get attacked by hot oil/fuel vapours. Looks normal on the outside, and white on the inside ISTR.

Reply to
Elder

You need a type of silicone hose called flouro-lined silicone which has some sort of additional treatment to make it capable of carrying crankcase gases, etc. containing hydrocarbon and combustion product vapours. It's available, but nowhere near as commonly as the standard silicone hose is.

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site