RAC automatic renewal?

Received the letter for RAC: "You don't need to do anything...The payment will be automatically taken from your account on or around the date indicated above."

What puzzled me however, was the rather high renewal fee of £102.40, so I called to investigate.

"Ah, but it includes At Home Start, this costs £40 extra", said the voice. "But I didn't ask for that", I replied. "We've given you this as a free bonus for the first year", was the RAC reply.

Very well then, I nice little way of sneaking in something that I don't need and want, just in case I wasn't observant and let them do it automatically...

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

I had this argument with them recently. Last year, after 10 years or so without a claim, they gave me 'free' relay service. This year, they kept it on the membership and tried to charge me for it. WTF do I need that. I didn't ask for it and I am not going to pay for it. I only have the RAC thing for two reasons. 1. If I do happen to be driving a car that breaks down on the motorway (couldn't be mine, Saabs don't do that do they?) it saves the large tow off fee. and 2. If I am out on the motorbike and get a puncture, they will get me to somewhere to get it fixed for free!

Reply to
The Brown & Ollis-Brown Family