Re: 1995 9000CDE Door Locks

Intermintent door locking problem- The key will lock the driver's door and

>I can "hear" the other doors lock but the buttons don't go down. About >every 10 or so times all the doors will lock. I have looked for patterns >for several months but there are none. It sets the alarm so the horn honks >if any of the doors are opened but that is not really acceptable- Anyone >ever experience this problem? Help

Yes. Several times. Same intermittent behavior. Try this. Stand by the driver's door and put the key fob close to the lock. Click the left hand button five times rapidly. That's supposed to reset it. It works on my 95 9000CS. It worked great for awhile and then went back to its old habits. The automatic locking wouldn't work, from the key fob or from the center console. But the alarm would set. I think my batter had run down; had a little trouble starting it. Hadn't been driving much, just very short runs. After a longer drive than usual, the key fob/auto locks started working again. I reset as above and they've been fine since. I was going to replace the batteries in mine, but couldn't figure out how to get the key fob open.

snipped-for-privacy@madmousergraphics.com

design, print design, photography

Reply to
LauraK

If it's like mine (2000 9.5) turn it over, and there's a recess near the keychain attachment. You need about a #1 phillips (tiny, but not watch sized), remove the screw, and then the top and bottom just pull open. You will need a CR2032 Lithium Battery (3 volts, coin cell, roughly nickel sized or perhaps 5p sized).

Put the new one in the same way the old one goes in. Directions are in the user's manual.

Harvey

Reply to
Harvey White

If there's a screw there, it's well hidden. There's a piece in the back that looks like it should come out someway. I've got the batteries -- mine takes 2016. The info on the batteries is in the user's manual, but it stops short of telling how to get them in and out. I've poked and prodded with an assortment of tiny screwdrivers with no luck.

snipped-for-privacy@madmousergraphics.com

design, print design, photography

Reply to
LauraK

You should have two key fobs. I'm surprised the alarm will set with just the key. You'll need to see a dealer about replacing the fobs or getting the locks reset.