Re: '89 900S Avg Mx Costs??

>>the last 9 years on non-routine maintenance (everything other than oil >>changes pretty much). I got this cost from averaging my bills from an >> > > I will point out here that there are plenty of routine maintenance items other > than oil changes. For example, brake pads/rotors. > > >>the next 50 to 100K miles from current owners. I'm not a trained mechanic so >>do-it-yourself is not a savings option. My current mechanic is very honest >> > > I am not a trained mechanic either, but every time something breaks on my car, > I get a little closer to being one :) > > >>I'm asking becasue I've got a new driver in the family coming on board next >>year. My spouse is leaning toward a car with airbags for the new driver >> > > Ah, my parents got rid of an older 900 turbo as I approached driving age, and > replaced it with a non-turbo airbag model.

Smart parents! My daughter is NOT driving my 900 turbo!

> >>(safer?). I've recently inherited another vehicle for my use. I may want to >>cut loose of the '89 and buy up to a newer model. All part of the decision >>matrix. TIA >> >> > > It's a tough call, as I'm sure you are aware. If you have somewhere to keep it, > you might consider keeping the '89 and also getting another car. You probably > won't get much money for it anyway, and you can always unload it later. But > you'll never be able to get another one-owner 1989 Saab. > > John >

I concur. You will not get much cash if you sell the 1989 900S. If it runs great and it is costing you $1,000 a year - keep it. What kind of car would you get for a car payment of $83 a month? At least you know the history and the original owner of the 1989 900s :-)

Reply to
ma_twain

Thanks for the replies. No decisions yet.

JG

Reply to
<enjjpt8506