Re: headlight

>hmm.... why not?

> >i have my fog lights but i dont want to "spread" the ground. i need to see > >farther. > >the visibility is pretty poor (like around 20-30 yards?) and it's hard to > >see at night. so it's obvious that i need me brighter one. > > Have you had the aim checked on yours to make sure that they're pointed where > they're supposed to be? > I find the headlights on my 95 9000 to be excellent, but since the Saab > replaced a 94 Lincoln Mark VIII, which has to have the worlds worst headlights, > that's not surprising. > Really like those front fog lights. I spent 10 hours driving today to and from > South Georgia and coming back hit some bad fog in the river valleys on I-75. > The front fog lights made an incredible difference in being able to really see. > Those stretches have reflectors on the lines and the fog lights hit them just > right. > I've made that trip in quite a few different cars over the years. The Saab was > by far the most pleasant and least tiring, handling long grades and Atlanta's > crazy drivers with equal aplomb. > Got about 32mpg on the way down with the AC running at meat-locker. Dropped to > 31mpg on the way back -- it's uphill. > > snipped-for-privacy@madmousergraphics.com >
web design, print design, photography> >
Reply to
Barry Test

My Owner's Manual calls them fog lights (1995 9000CS). They're located on the ground effects and are separate lights below the headlights and are used in addition to the regular headlights. They put the light directly on the road in front of you. The high beam version of the headlights are sometimes called driving lights. I have those, too, but those shouldn't be used in fog.

snipped-for-privacy@madmousergraphics.com

design, print design, photography

Reply to
LauraK