99' 9-3 base Saab buying advice

Hi all! I am new to Saab, so need some advice Contemplating buying a used 9-3 base model 99-2000 year production. Test drove one today at local dealership. Seems nice, except for some turbo lag at low speeds. Anyhow, what I should be looking for as far as the problems for that model year and also how much hould bethe price ballpark be

Thank you Leon

Reply to
Leon

I have a '99 9-3 and the first thing that went (under warranty) was the airco/heater control box. The knobs just started to break off. Costs about $400 to fix, normally. This is a standard problem.

Another one seems to be the similarly expensive DI cassette, but I haven't had that misfortune yet...

X.

Reply to
Xenna

I assume you're giving #'s 2 & 3 as general advice for any used car purchase ? I haven't heard of a water pump issue since some shaft problems on the '95's that were replaced under a "customer satisfaction" campaign.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob