Re: Hello everyone.

As an interesting and ironic side note to the story, I had the codes reset and the alternator tested by a trusted mechanic. When I went to pick the car up the next morning, the battery was dead AGAIN! But THIS time, it turned out, one of the mechanics had left the trunk open just a crack. So the trunk light drained it. Heh.

(After a recharge, the battery tested fine. Running perfectly now. But it seemed for the first few miles that the car was having to "relearn" idle points and such.)

Ayar-15 wrote: > > > Hello to everyone in the group. My name is Eric, and I have a 1998 900s > > Turbo coupe. Red, with a black cloth interior. > > > > I've been meaning to subscribe to this newsgroup for a while, and now I am > > with a newfound urgency. :-) > > > > > > > Now, it seems to me that the dead battery and the check engine light with > > code 1652 have little in common. Like, I had two simultaneous system > > failures instead of one systemic fault. But maybe I'm wrong. > > > > If anyone could help me, I'd be very grateful. > > > > > > Thank you, > > > > Eric > > > > > > >
Reply to
Ayar-15

Good to hear.

I've been 'on' the group for over a year now. Mostly I 'lurk' and read because I don't have that much experience yet to really offer much. Most of the 'regulars' have got it down pat and I would just sound like an echo, at best. If, or when, I come up with something new or different in response to a query, I'll hop in. Otherwise, just know that I'm reading everything everybody writes.

(That sounded kinda evil, eh....?)

Brandon (I do NOT work for the government) Thomas

1988 SPG
Reply to
Brandon Thomas

LOL!!