Re: Which manual is better/best?

I have the chance to enjoy three 900 Turbo's in the past 6 years. I

> currently own a '90 Talledega red SPG. > > I wanna take good care of it and can do some repairs myself. > > I'm curious which manual is more highly recommended by this group. > I've seen two main ones: Haynes & Bentley. The Bentley looks to be > thicker. Is it better? Should I just get both? What about the Saab > factory manuals I see for sale occasionally? > > Your opinions are much appreciated! > > \ Mike Teeples / - Salt Lake City, Utah > > '85 900T - 275,000mi - RIP > '87 900T - 218,000mi - (traded in for SPG) > '91 900SPG - 117,000mi - the most fun car I've ever had!

Bentley is superior for electrical troubleshooting, w/its extensive wiring diagrams.

Haynes has a few mechanical tips & pics that Bentley doesn't. AFAIK there are 2 Haynes c900 manuals: only the first one seems to be (somewhat) commonly available in the US

1) Saab 900: 1979 Thru 1988 All Models 2.0 Liter (Haynes Repair Manual)

Haynes Publishing; ISBN: 1850105677

(not covering your 90/91s ABS, SRS, LH 2.4; but still w/some applicable info)

2) 1979 to 1993 SAAB 90,99 and 900 models. ISBN: 1 85960 064 6

(which has some Lucas info in it, IIRC - extraneous for your Bosch SPG)

For your MY, go Bentley and maybe pick up a Haynes later if it strikes you

and other sources

LM

Reply to
Lance Morgan

Are the LH fuel and Ignition portions maybe +100 pages each? and is info such as LH Control Unit/ECU and AMM pin-out data included?

Thanks, LM

Reply to
Lance Morgan

Thanks Lance..... Keeping my eyes open for a good deal on a Bentley manual on eBay.

I'll also watch for the later edition of the Haynes manual.

\ Mike T. /

Reply to
Mike