Re: Removing Radio-- More help??

First let me apologize for reposting but I am new at thia and afraid this may die. My original question was how to remove a Saab radio ('92 9000S)

Reply from John Hudson:

You just need 2 U -shaped pieces of wire to push into the two holes at each >end of the faceplate. If you don't have any wire cut the ends off a wire >coat hanger.

My added explanation?request:

Should the wire be of some particular shape or gauge? >I tried using four finishing nails which would fit the holes but with a >little "slop". (They were slightly undersize or could have been a little >larger gauge) Then I tried, with the nals in place to pull out the radio >using the cassette opening to get a hold of the radio. I tugged but the >radio remained firmly in place. >In reading the owner's literature supplied with the car, it says that their >two "u"s latch in and that you pull on them to remove the radio.How they are >removed later, it does not say. I am guuessing that their "u"s release as >the radio clears the opening. >Can anyone assist, please?
Reply to
Malcolm William Mason

I've heard that you can buy these tools at Walmart, I haven't tried.

I managed to do it with nails but only after trying several sizes and grinding the point(s) off the nails.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

Reply to
Glenn

The tool maker is "Thexton" who manufatures specialty tools in order to make life easier for the Technician. The d.i.n. radio removal tool set runs around 15.00 off of any jobber wagon.

Have a great one!

Bush

wh>First let me apologize for reposting but I am new at thia and afraid this

Reply to
Bush