Reason # 529

Reason #529 for not owning a SAAB here in Washington, D.C.

"Washington, D.C., ranked 25th in the nation for population, is the least safe city for motorists with a chance of a fender bender once every 5.2 years"

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

city for motorists with a chance of a fender bender once every 5.2 years"

This article gives the impression that Phoenix is safe. But it has 7 of the 10 most deadly roads in America. I just got back from New England and I have to say they drive like arses.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

Come to South Florida and see true cluelessness. It's so bad, the cops drive like crap. I routinely cruise at 85+ with cops right on my tail. Worse is that you get used to it, I travel other places and have to tell myself not to pass the cop.

Reply to
WitchDr

You wont cruise at 85 or pass a cop in gainsville. Thats for sure . Take it from papa I got nailed.

Reply to
PAPAGENE4JACK

It varies greatly by exactly where in New England you are. Southern CT is a bunch of metro NY city drivers, and Eastern Mass are Boston drivers. Both are among the most aggressive in the US. OTOH, most of the northern tier (ME, NH, VT) are pretty darn good drivers and are quite experienced in driving in poor weather to boot. Such generalizations are, ...well, generalizations.

--

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

I was in Boston and Nashua.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

I hope you kept off the sidewalks, except when driving ;-)

Reply to
Stephen B.

What sidewalks? Unlike NYC, we don' need no steenkin sidewalks in New England. We just walk in the street. But you better not hit anyone. It's an early retirement option... ;-)

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Maybe, but at least we have low accident fatality rates. Mostly b/c the accidents occur at low speeds due to heavy traffic.

;-)

- tex

Reply to
Tex