Remote start- Can you do it in a 99 9_5?

I have seen a few posts at the saab network where most opinions were that it can not be done. The anti theft features defeat the remote starter. Can you do it? And keep the anti theft features?

Reply to
adl6009

In article , snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

Not unless you can find a remote foot to operate a remote clutch, and hold it in until you get there.

Might be doable somehow in an Auto (don't know what the auto security feature is like) somehow, but now in a manual.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

MeatballTurbo wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.cis.dfn.de:

Yes, I do have an automatic. I forgot to include the description of my car- 1999 9_5 se v6 auto 49000 miles scarabe green

Reply to
adl6009

In article , snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

Well, if it uses the remote lock out then you would still have a problem.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

For a 9-5 with a manual gearbox you have the obvious problem with the gear stick locked in the reverse position. But that is not enough, the Trionic engine management computer and the TWICE security computer does not allow any engine functions to operate until TWICE has been able to get an known ID from the RFID transponder embedded in the key handle.

The key has two locking functions, the laser cut metal key for the mechanical lock, and the RFID transponder embedded in the handle. The remote transmitter is either a separate unit (1998-2000) or integrated in the key handle (1998, 2001-).

You could disable the security system by placing the key in the ignition, extracting the RFID transponder and gluing it close to the ignition lock, re-program TWICE and Trionic, etc, but anything you do will lower the theft security of the car.

Reply to
Goran Larsson

Could use tech2 to switch car security into transport mode, i.e non functioning, but then have a full alram system with remote start installed?

Reply to
Murphwiz

"Murphwiz" wrote in news:uA7vb.42$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep2-win.server.ntli.net:

Murpwiz cerainly has an original idea. Although I never heard of transport mode. I think Goran has hit the nail on the head with -"but anything you do will lower the theft security of the car" (By the way, been to your web site before and found it very useful, thanks) It doesn't look like a remote start is going to be viable.

Reply to
adl6009