saab 9.5 surging, techs can't solve

I have the most puzzling problem, so the techs say... 99 saab 9.5, 4 cyl auto, surges under load when I am going up a hill or step on throttle to pass someone, replaced throttlebody, swapped both computers, changed out just about everything we can think of, still does it. ANY HELP PLEASE

Reply to
cjohansen2002

How much mileage on the clock? It sounds like a fuel system problem. Dirty fuel injectors? Fuel filter in need of replacement? I'm just guessing. It looks like they have worked on the complicated items before they tested the basics.

Walt Kienzle

1991 9000T
Reply to
Walt Kienzle

Rear fuel pump (if that model has one)? Causes all sorts of strange symptoms.

Reply to
Everett M. Greene

Reply to
chewy