Saab 9000 2.0LPT (95) Humming auto gearbox

Anyone had a humming auto gearbox.. Seems to hum / buzz with the revs but sound comes from gearbox even in nuetral!

Is my gearbox on the way out or could it be something much simpler? Also if it is the gearbox how much am I talking to get a new one? Used / reconditioned?

Any help much apprecitated!!

Reply to
Nadeem Ahmed

in article snipped-for-privacy@ernani.logica.co.uk, Nadeem Ahmed at snipped-for-privacy@logicacmg.com wrote on 08/02/2005 22:46:

Hi Nadeem ... Are you sure it¹s the gearbox and not just pulley noise? Either the pulleys themselves (20-30 quid each) could be worn or the pulley tensioner (75-150 quid, depending on supplier) could be on it¹s way out. Is the noise a constant pitch with a slight increase with RPM, or does it directly follow the RPM with pitch? I¹m not sure what the going rate for a

9000 gearbox is (not owning one, myself), but I have heard something about the Vauxhall Senator/Opel (Whatever) box being a direct fit but I¹m not sure about model year compatibility.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday