Humming from front/left?

Hi,

Here?s the situation.

When I go above 50mph in my ?94 Pontiac Grand Am, I hear a humming sound from the front/left of my car.

I?m thinking wheel bearing or power steering drive belt?

I have a serpentine belt... and it?s in rough shape, I think, cause it squeels and squeeks a lot.

Could this be related?

Or is it just a wheel bearing?

The humming sound gets louder when I turn left and also seems to get higher pitched when I go faster.

How dangerous is this and how much would it cost to get fixed? :(

Thanks!

Reply to
cronuss

The humming sounds like a wheel bearing... About $150-200 to get it done.... or about $50 and an hour of your own time...

Reply to
White Tiger