Saab Bluetooth

I live in the states and just bought a 2005 9-3 ARC convertible. It has the new Saab Infotainment System With 300w and 13 Speakers. Now I know that in Europe this system has Bluetooth for connecting to Cell phone hands-free. Here in the states that feature is some-how disabled. I would love to turn this back on, does anyone know how to do this?

Is there a kit or switch somewhere?

Thanks,

Ernie

Reply to
ernie.h

Ernie,

I would like to figure that out too. I hope we can figure it out.

I also would like to see how we could enable the "ipod", etc. MP3 player connection.

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

See

for directions on enabling the AUX input.

Reply to
Dan

I have scoured the site, no luck finding it.

Can you please provide more info such as where I could find it? In searching "aux", nothing shows up either.

Please advise

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

"aux", nothing shows up either.

Dan

This is strange, my 9-3 came with an D-Sub Aux input in the center storage area between the seats, It works great. Was this something new for 2005?

Anyway, My quest for Bluetooth continues...

There must be a way!!!!! I doubt that Saab makes a radio just for the US market...

Reply to
ernie.h

Where did you get your 2005 9-3 SS? Are you in the U.S.?

What model 9-3 SS do you have?

Also, how do you "select" Aux Input

What is D-Sub????

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

skrev i en meddelelse news:swhze.130877$_o.128073@attbi_s71...

I'm guessing that any dealer can enable/disable the feature through his Tech2.

Reply to
Henrik B.

I also hope that it doesn't require a certain "Infotainment" version, so hopefully any Saab 9-3 SS (Linear, Arc, and Aero, etc. will be fine regardelss of what version of infotainment they have on board.

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

hopefully any Saab 9-3 SS (Linear, Arc, and Aero, etc. will be fine regardelss of what version of infotainment they have on board.

If you have a < 2005 US model, you a sh#t out of luck. Just buy a bluetooth phone with voice commands and a bluetooth ear piece.

Reply to
Dan

hopefully any Saab 9-3 SS (Linear, Arc, and Aero, etc. will be fine regardelss of what version of infotainment they have on board.

I have a 2003 9-3 SS Linear. I ordered the Aux-In adapter. I hope my tech with his TECH-2 can "add this menu" option.

What happened with the 2005 US model? It seems like they really removed things from it!

I heard that locking gas gaps were removed in 2004+ on the 9-3SS too! What the heck did they do that???

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

Where did you order the Aux-In adapter from? Let us know how the installation goes.

Definitely no locking gas cap on my 2004 9-3. What kind of lock is it, keyed fuel door, keyed cap, or one of those kinds with the release button inside the car?

Reply to
Shane Almeida

Shane,

I will be installing it this weekend. My guess is that after the installation, the car will need to be connected to a TECH-2 unfortunately to add the "menu" option AUX-IN.

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

If the doors are locked then the cap is locked and vice versa.

Reply to
Dan

See:

...includes instructions.

Also found this "Adaptor Harness Handsfree"....

I thought the car had this pre-installed. How does this work? Does this permit connecting a 3rd party mobile/cell phone to the car's audio system? That would be very cool.

- tex

Reply to
Tex

Tex,

What does the bluetooth actually do and how do I know it the 2003 U.S. 9-3 SS Linear has Bluetooth or could be equipped with it??

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

Yes...the wiring was added for 2005. My 2004 has a plastic covering where the jack _should_ be. There is an add-on kit available for models which lack it

.

- tex

Reply to
Tex

Bluetooth allows you to wirelessly connect a bluetooth-enabled cell/mobile phone to the 9-3's audio system. However, BT for the US market Saabs has not been enabled/included.

I have an enquiry in to my service manager to verify that it can't be done.

- tex

Reply to
Tex

Nope...no go on bluetooth (on US models) :-( But the hard-wired option may still be the way to go for connecting in a mobile phone.

- tex

Reply to
Tex

Tex, did the dealer give you a reason as to why it was disabled? Or was it a stock response.

Reply to
ernie.h