Bluetooth phone book transfer (Option package 6)

I have package 6, which includes Bluetooth-based hands-free telephony.

From other posts in this forum it's evident that some Bluetooth phones

cannot perform the phonebook transfer to the car. My phone is a Motorola Razor V710 and does not seem to be able to do this. Can anyone confirm this? Also, there does not seem to be any way to manually enter numbers into the phone book' it's Bluetooth transfer or nothing. Is this the experience of others?

--Greg

Reply to
Mr. Skeptic

Option package 6? Stating an option package number doesn't tell us much. For the US, the 2004 Prius had 9 option packages, the 2005 had

6, and the 2006 has 8. That, and each region likes to renumber the packages (so option package #4 in New England could be the US package #9 for 2004 or something like that...). It is much easier to understand you if you stated the option package code. (2004 #6 was package BI, 2005 #6 is BC, 2006 #6 is HK.)

as for the Motorola RAZR, you can get a guide for it here:

However, if you have the V710 from Verizon, note that it has mostly been crippled and cannot do transfers...

If you have the newer Bluetooth system in the 2006 Prius, you can manually edit the phone book. This is a new feature for the 2006.

Reply to
mrv

Does the 2006 also facilitate batch transfers?

Reply to
Bill

With my old Sony/Ericsson T610, I can transfer the whole book as a batch to my 2006, so my guess is that if your phone can send batch transfers, the Prius can accept them.

Kari

Reply to
kari

That's the first batch transfer I've hear of. I wonder if there is a firmware upgrade for the 2005.

Reply to
Bill

Yeah, the Sony Ericsson models typically can upload the entire phonebook at once. The Nokia models typically can only do one contact transfer at a time. The Verizon phones are notorious for not being able to transfer anything at all. It's a function of the phone, not of the car's system.

(My husband tried the phonebook transfer with his Sony Ericsson T68i, but the problem is that the car only takes the first number for a name, so that could be a fax number or someone's emergency cell number or... and not the one that you want. It was too much work for him to rearrange his phonebook as John Doe - H and John Doe -W, so if he needs to call someone he just uses his phone (deleted the phone book on the Prius).)

-mrv

2001 US Aqua Ice 2004 US Black BC Pioneer
Reply to
mrv

yes, sorry. It was package 6 on the 2005, but I forget the code. My V710 is for CIngular. The bottom line from my experiments, and from other replies, is that I'm out of luck.

It is disapointing that I cannot even manually enter phone book entries. I'll complain to my dealer.

Reply to
Mr. Skeptic

Seems every time a question arises about the phonebook and Prius it involves Verizon. Then, if you search long enough, you'll find the "Verizon is re-thinking it policy regarding Bluetooth in it's phones" responses.

Seems they've (i.e. Verizon) has been thinking about it for far too long....

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

The only problem I've seen involving Verizon is that the phone book can't be transferred to the car.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

That is strictly a function of the phone, not of the car.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Michelle Steiner wrote in alt.autos.toyota.prius:

That's because Verizon disables the Bluetooth Object Exchange (OBEX) Profile on all of their Bluetooth devices in order to steer their customers over to their pricey data exchange services, AIUI. :/

Reply to
Glenn Shaw