Saab 9-3 900 differences

I am asking this for a friend really but would be interested to know myself also.

Q-what are the differences between the Saab 9-3 and 900,S + SE models of 1998 approx. In engine terms,chassis,interior fittings,C/C,elec kit,extras etc. The lot really if anyone has the time.

Correct me if I am wrong also but both 9-3 and 900's came in convertible models(as per the usual Saab cross range styles). Thanks for your time and help.

DaveG.

Reply to
DaveG

Here's some basic stuff.

on model year at the top to get the full range of what was available withpics, technical specs, etc.I'm sure the pros will check in with more detailed info. snipped-for-privacy@madmousergraphics.com
design, print design, photography

Reply to
LauraK

Not an exhaustive list, and anybody who knows better please correct me, but -

Engine:

All 9-3s have 2-litre 4-cylinder engines apart from the diesel which is 2.2 litres. In 2000 and for the British market at least, the basic petrol engine was a light-pressure turbo, which allowed Saab to advertise the range as being all-turbo, but I think there were non-turbo 9-3s at certain times and in certain markets.

Some 900s at least had V6 engines and also larger (2.3 litre?) 4 cylinder engines; others had versions of the same

Chassis/structure:

Various tweaks to the suspension which lead to much better handling in the 9-3, and improvements to the body structure which mean that the

9-3 should stand up better in a crash (4 stars in the euro NCAP test compared to the 900's 2 stars). In practice these are probably the most significant differences between the two models.

Interior/electrical:

Most 9-3s have controls for the radio/CD on the steering wheel (a detail but a useful one)

Both were available as 3-door and 5-door hatchback, and as convertibles

Martin

Reply to
Martin Rich

Hi Everyone,

I've recently aquired a 1995 900 turbo and was wondering what I can do with it to enhance performance.

Do any of you have any ideas re. exhaust, engine, maybe remapping or chipping it ?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Reply to
thames