[Saab_c900] abrasive/air-powered spark plug cleaners - are they any good?

Hi everyone,

This one is completely out of my depth - I have come across an air-powered abrasive spark plug cleaner being sold by an Australian seller:

- New !! Spark plug cleaner plugs on to air compressor

I've never seen anything like this before, and since there are plenty of cons and scams around with respect to the automotive business, I was wondering if any of you have experience with spark plug cleaners like the one in the Ebay listing I mentioned?

How often can a set of spark plugs be abrasively cleaned before they have to be replaced by a new set? Are there better ways to clean spark plugs so they can be re-used (after re-gapping, etc.)?

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's C900 Workshop

They sandblast the insulator, which makes them more permeable, which makes them absorb non-insulating things.

How often do you replace spark plugs because they're _dirty_? For me, that's not the reason, so I'd say this is a solution in search of a problem. Spend the 10 bucks on a new set.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz