Saab Diesel ?

Hi, unfortunately I have to give up my 1993 SAAB 9000 after about 360000km. So I am looking for a cheap used SAAB and a lot of them with 3.0TID diesel-engine, like this one:

Since now, I thought, that diesel is something for elderly Mercedes driver, or avaricious VW driver, but not for SAAB drivers :-)

How do you think about SAAB diesel engines ? Are there major problems with these engines ?

Greetings Axel

Reply to
Axel Schaefer

At 8litre/100kM, the economy of the 3.0TID is the same as my 2.0 LPT

35-40 mpg, and diesel is more expensive than petrol (in uk).
Reply to
johannes

i have the saloon 3.0TiD.

i get 30 something to 42 in normal driving. Worst case is driving into a city in rush hour, best case is motorway in summer.

Reply to
Stephen

There are no Saab Diesel engines, it's an Opel/Vauxhall Vectra engine...

Reply to
MH

MH gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

By that standard, there are no Saab petrol engines, either.

The 3.0 v6 diesel was an Isuzu lump, as was the 2.2TiD. The 1.9/2.0 TiD/TTiD is a Fiat lump.

Reply to
Adrian

Correct... The two strokes were redesigned DKW, the V4 was Ford, the B engine was a redesigned Triumph, the H engine a redesigned B engine...

Reply to
MH

MH gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

...and all the current lumps are generic GM.

Reply to
Adrian

What´s next... BMW, God forbid...

Reply to
MH

MH gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

It could be worse. It could be Peugeot.

Reply to
Adrian

*LOL*

True spoken - about the upcoming 1,6T-engine - form BMW/PSA...

Reply to
Henrik B.

Well, the Dame Edna model of 9^5 not only looks like a Peugeot, the diesel version sounds like one and the quality is even lower. Have a look at the quality poll for new cars of MY2008:

for the Swedish link but numbers are still international :-)"Genomsnittsbilen" = Average car

Reply to
th