Steering wheel adjustment

Hi all.

I just got a '96 900 and the only niggle is that the steering wheel is skewed to the left when driving straight ahead. Not too big a deal, you might think, but I'm wondering is it easy to tweak.

I'm practically a technical ignoramus so if it ain't easy it will just have to wait for its first service but if anyone can tell me the 5 minute fix I'll be very grateful.

Cheers

kevmcp

First get the steering alignment checked. If it's spot on, or once it's been adjusted, *then* make sure the road wheels are ponting straight ahead, remove the steering wheel from the column (using a puller rather than the 'bloody big hammer' method) and re-centre the wheel on the splines before re-attaching it properly. Note - Probably best to let a dealer or steering shop do it if you have airbags though! Cheers

Reply to
hippo

Cheers Hippo.

I do have air bags so I'll leave it to the pro's.

kevmcp