Turning off TCS

I've been bitten by the pesky TCS on my 93 9000CSET. My mechanic replaced some valve and it's cured for now. He says there's no way to turn off TCS permanently. Is that true?

Reply to
solarsell

1/ My understanding is your mechanic is correct. (But I'm more than willing to be corrected) 2/ Can we please keep the politics off this board?

Al

Reply to
Al

It depends. There is a retrofit kit that can be installed to add a TCS off switch to the dash, but (supposedly) this is only available for manual transmission cars.

Fred W

And is basically useless. My mechnic agrees. Did nothing when I was in limp mode. Back to normal after a valve replacement for $250.

Reply to
solarsell

That's because a TCS fault (limp home mode) is not necesarily a problem with the TCS or even the "fly by wire". The valve was probably the safety pressure switch which has more to do with the APC than the TCS, but it still throws a TCS fault when it goes bad.

Reply to
Fred W