Update on low turbo boost C-900T

1986 900 Turbo, 16V, 236 k miles, cannot find any leak in turbo plumbing, noise is in engine compartment, not in car.

I filled up with mid grade and the turbo boost went yet lower. I think the leak in turbo plumbing is not causing low boost. Leak is 3 years old, low turbo boost is recent.

With cruise control on, the turbo boost is the same as with it off. So methinks the computer thinks the cruise control is always on.

Any way to unplug a wire and disable the "feature" that tells the turbo computer that the cruise control is on?

Thanks,

Charles.

Reply to
Charles Stoyer

Check the vacuum switch. It is on the LHS fender and has (used to have?) a red cap. With no vacuum on it (usually supplied by the cruise vacuum pump) it should read 0 ohms or continuity across the 2 terminals. To 'bypass' it, just fashion a jumper for the plug going to it.

KeithG

Charles Stoyer wrote:

Reply to
KeithG