V4 spark plug wire questions

Hi all,

I have a 1971 96, and I'm having a bear of a time getting a spark plug wire to work on the front passenger's side plug. There is no room for a standard plug wire to fit, and I've had trouble getting a 90 degree angled wire to work also. Of course this is a very tight squeeze with the altenator, and heater hose being in the way. Is there a shorter plug available? Or any other suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

RC

Reply to
Bobs your Uncle

I have no problem fitting it to #1 plug with a 90deg angled terminal and standard NGK BP6ES plugs. You can make some more room by taking the fan belt off, then you can swing the alternator further to the right.

Also, fitting #1 spark plug can best be done with the original SAAB spark plug wrench, the one with the handle to the side.

Reply to
MH

Thanks for the reply. I got the proper 90 degree angled wire, and perfecto, no problem!

Take care,

RC

Reply to
Bobs your Uncle

Excellent. By the way, do you have the Saab spark plug tool, and the other special tools for your car?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

No I'm afraid I don't. Until I can get the proper spark plug wrench, I will just have to move the altenator, take the fan belt off, change the plug, and so on. Thank goodness I don't have to change plugs often ;0

RC

Reply to
Bobs your Uncle

After I saw the original Saab one, I made one of a tube type spark plug wrench, cut it in half and welded a handle to it.

See

MH

I admire your handy work! Necessity is the mother of invention ;)

I was lucky enough to have one of the original SAAB spark plug wrench's given to me today by a friend of mine!

Take care,

RC

Reply to
Bobs your Uncle