weird noise when starting "99 9-3

From: "costa" To: "chris" Subject: Re: weird ,grinding noise when i start my '99 9-3 Date: Sunday, September 28, 2003 11:22 PM

----- Original Message ----- From: "chris" Newsgroups: alt.autos.saab Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2003 6:45 PM Subject: Re: weird ,grinding noise when i start my '99 9-3

> "costa" wrote in message > news:M7rdb.5688$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com... > > It's happened once before many months ago, when i'd start my car, as soon > as > > i finished cranking and the engine starts, a violent grinding noise occurs > > i'm no mechanic what could this sound be? I sounds as if you were cranking > > the engine when the engine was already turning. > > Could be the starter solenoid sticking and grinding the ring gear... > > Stuck ignition switch? > > it's not not the a/c for sure, it's off now and it didn't do it todat,

could the rainy weather have helped??Starter solenoid? What new starter? This is my first saab and i must admit my car starts like it's got a sore throat. I've had the car for a year and half, i bought used i already replaced the original battery, my shifter knob came loose a coupke of time until it finally came off ; parts and labour 225$cdn. Oil changes i do at my local mechanic for the price the charge at the dealers i put synthetic. The car had 66k tune-up performed before sale new brake pads, the discs seem to be glazed very noisey when i brake especially when it's damp. I'm up to 100 k now , a few weeks ago i was mergeing the on ramp of the highway i was in third, the individual in front of me was going to damn slow, i floored the gas pedal, instead of launching from 70kph to at 100 in split sec that i expected it seemed to have lost wind and started choking on me , so i had to easeo f the pedal, and shift to forth. Next day it tried it again, same thing happened, I tried gradual acceleration, pushed third to 5000 rpm, shifted into forth i'm doing 135kph, i don't drive this quickley usually not anymore, pressed a little firmmer on the pedal and i got an abrupt boost .......i love this cars looks, always wanted a saab , i was impressed in the begining with it's acceleration, doesn't handle very well, but i should be getting at least above average car performance , at times i had more fun driving my 1.5L Colt. Oh yeh, under warranty i changed my sid, the replacement sid lost a few pixels last month. Whats next?

Reply to
costa