MY2002 9-3 Engine Mounting

Hi,

I've got a 2002 9-3 SE Convertible and at the weekend had a problem where when setting off there was a clunking sound from engine bay, this got worse during day and ended up with a large bang and very nasty crunching/grinding noise.

The problem is that engine mounting bolt had snapped and the large noise was the engine lifting up and then crashing back down - I dont really know what the grinding noise was. Saab dealers are going to fit a new bolt. I was just wondering what other damage could be caused by the problem as it was happening to a much lesser degree for a week or two before it finally broken. Could the gearbox/clutch have become damaged?

The crunching noise from the intial point when the bolt snapped was very worrying.

Problem for me is that warranty runs out fairly soon and I dont want to have to pay for any damage caused by this incident.

Thanks.

Paul.

Reply to
Paul