What happened to my e-brake, park brake etc??

Felt a little adventerous this past weekend and put new Zimmerman rotors and eurorotor pads on the back of my 92 9000. Everything went like clockwork until I went for a little test drive and when I returned, I had no emergency brake, nil, not the least bit of resistance. It was perfect before I started and I never touched it during the brake work. I checked each of the little levers on each of the rear calipers and both offered no resistance when pulled individually by hand. I suspect that it has something to do with the position of the piston in the caliper. Do I need to tweek it in and or out untill the e-brake hooks up? Anyone know how this type of e-brake actually works?

Reply to
Happy-camper

You need to take the plastic plugs out of the back of each calliper, and using a 7mm hex., screw up the pads until they just touch the rotor when it is turned.

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

Thats exactly what I did. Any tighter and I will smoke the pads. I suspect that the rotors and pads are thicker than the "saab" brand and that I will have to wear them down first. How does the e-brake apply pressure inside the piston?

Reply to
Happy-camper

It pushes directly onto the inboard piston,by an eccentric cam and so by reaction, onto the outer one as well.Once set up it self adjusts. Source Saab 9000 Workshop Manual 5:1 Brakes 1985-96

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith