What is this wheel?

Salutations:

I've never seen a two spoke saab steering wheel - this look familiar to anyone?

Reply to
Dexter J

Older Saab models, like the early model years of the Saab 99, came with two spoke steering wheels. The picture you refer to shows a three spoke steering wheel for a Saab 9000.

Reply to
Goran Larsson

"Goran Larsson" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@approve.se...

Here is one picture with a two spoke steering wheel from an early Saab 99

and a really nice one from a Saab 96 1961

th

That steering wheel was used on the 1969 model year of the Saab 99.

Note the chrome rings around the instruments. A true sign of a premium car in 1969. Today Kool-Krome-Rings just indicates lack of new ideas.

Reply to
Goran Larsson

It must be my screen or the way the photo is taken, because I could swear it was a 180/260 two spoke on a 9000 dash. I was picking up an ABS ring for the NG900 and noticed it on the site.

Sorry - time to get the eyes checked again I fear.. :/ ..

Reply to
Dexter J

The center piece of the steering wheel is assymetric. Look closely and you will see a spoke at about 95 degrees.

Reply to
Goran Larsson

Are there four pedals in that picture? I'll risk sounding dumb and ask anyway: what's the fourth one do?

Reply to
Shane Almeida

Nothing; that's why it's there. Known as the "dead pedal", gives you somewhere to rest your foot when it's not riding the clutch.

See how much you learn when you're willing to ask the question everyone else was wondering about ;)

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Yeah, something we miss out on in the civilised world.

Although I do have somewhereto rest my accelerator foot, shame cruise still doesn't work.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo