05 Ion

We traded in our 95 coupe for an 05 Ion. We need a car to tow behind the motorhome.

We bought the car last December and put 2,000 miles over the last four months. We had to go to a funerial in Virginia Beach last weekend and took the Saturn. Ten hours down and nine back. I have to say it was quite comfortable. Plenty of power.

Hopefully it will tow as nice as the little coupe, (it weighs 500 pounds more).

Bill L

Reply to
Bill Lederer

Thank goodness that Saturn went back to the old tried and true "hydramatic" transmission in thier automatics. Now all IONs are flat towable, a real big issue down here in FL where thatere are many RV'ers.

Glad to hear that the new '05 worked out so well for you. Just remember to pull the proper fuses per the manual before flat-towing and all should go well.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

I cannot believe that you think a 110mph is fast for 2.2 engine and anyway the speedo becomes inaccurate the faster you go so no doubt it was more like a 100mph.

I got 1999 Ford Mondeo/Contour 2.0 which weighs more upto a 140 mph which was probably around 128mph in the UK.

I have had my saturn 1 04 upto 90mph and it felt pretty stable.

Reply to
M Burnside

Marx,

I'm going to try and make some sort of holder for the fuse. Anything to make it easy to remove and replace.

Bill L

Reply to
Bill Lederer